Hollywood Buzz: Lily Allen is banned from the US

Lily Allen is banned from the US

Pop star Lily Allen has had her US working visa revoked after being stopped at Los Angeles airport.

The singer was detained for five hours and questioned over her arrest in March for an alleged assault on a photographer in London.

She had flown into the US from Australia to attend tonight's MTV video music awards launch in Las Vegas.

Her spokesperson said: "Lily was questioned and her work visa was revoked. She was detained for five hours but not strip searched. Understandably she was upset by it."

Allen told the Daily Mirror that she was trying her best to get a new work visa for her US tour in September.

"I am trying everything I can to sort this out. It is my intention to play my American dates in September. This depends on the authorities granting me a new work visa."

"I want my fans to know that I will do everything I can to be back in America in September. I don't like letting my fans down and this is a situation that I am sure we can sort," she said.

Google