Hollywood Buzz: Keira Knightley Wants To Quit Acting

Keira Knightley Wants To Quit Acting

KEIRA Knightley has revealed she wants to quit acting, saying: "I want a life instead."

The 22-year-old Pirates Of The Caribbean star said the pressures of fame have become too much to bear.

And she is "devastated" at becoming a poster girl for anorexia because of her slender frame.

Speaking to Elle magazine, Knightley said of her career: "The celebrity thing is completely crazy. I think I just have to move away or give it up altogether.

"I couldn't have kids in the situation I'm in now. But I could just do something else. That's probably what's going to happen.

"I'm just not so hungry any more. I made a decision very recently that I wanted a life instead."

Knightley said she reached her decision after a trekking holiday in the Himalayas.

"I spent 10 days in a place where no-one knew me or cared what films I'd been in," she said.

"I got to have some total peace and balance and see myself as a tiny insignificant speck – something I really needed."

Google