Hollywood Buzz: R&B singer Akon sorry about underage stage romp

R&B singer Akon sorry about underage stage romp


R&B singer Akon apologized for an underage liaison that drove phone company Verizon Communications Inc. to drop its sponsorship of a tour featuring the chart-topping artist.

Last month, during a concert in Trinidad, Akon engaged in a sexy on-stage dance with 15-year-old fan. After video of the romp circulated online, Verizon this week pulled out of pop singer

Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape" tour, on which Akon is the opening act.

"First, and most important to me, I want to sincerely apologize for the embarrassment and any pain I've caused to the young woman who joined me on-stage, her family and the Trinidad community for the events at my concert in Port of Spain on April 12th," Akon said in a statement.

"It was never my intention to embarrass or take advantage of my fans in any way, especially those under the age of 18. That is why we tried to make sure that the club did not admit anyone under 18 in the audience. Somehow, that standard was not met."

Read More

Google